Thursday, August 6, 2009

Honda Custom Racing Shop





I saw this poor thing the other day while walking to the drug store. Unfortunately all I had was my shitty cellphone camera, and I didn't want to attract to much attention to myself so I only took a couple of bad pictures.

The owner carved a big H on the hood with what would seem to be a hacksaw or a dremel, since the edges were very uneven. I'm guessing he wanted to make sure that we would see the H and understand it's a Honda and not confuse it with a Lamborghini or a Bugatti.

Then he riveted an acrylic sheet underneath, to let us all enjoy the glory that is the 1994 Honda Accord four cylinder powerplant, which he painted yellow. The acrylic had turned yellow and wavy in some areas, due to heat, but that didn't detract at all from the fine craftsmanship which is evident in the smallest details.



To complete this picture, there was a small badge above the "H" Honda badge that read, "Custom Racing Shop". Phew! He took it to a shop...and here I was thinking he did all the work himself, silly me!

As you can see, some of the other strategies the shop utilized in their quest to maximize the racing potential of this finely tuned machine included stick-on fender vents, and racy hubcaps.

In short, as you can see from the pictures, they have turned this formerly humble family sedan into a formidable contender at the drag strip or racetrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment